GrowthOps was established through an initial eight company merger of digital, creative and management consulting agencies to bring the concept of DevOps to the creative space. The birth of one of Australasia’s most innovative agencies was formed and listed on the ASX after a $70 million dollar IPO. GrowthOps has continued its growth strategy through the recent acquisition of Asia Pacific Digital.
Consisting of 8 autonomously run companies with varying levels of IT maturity, priority and requirements the challenge was to implement a “simple IT layer” that would not disrupt each company’s business as usual operations in the short term, whilst accommodating the future IT strategy and growth plans of the newly formed group. Through the recent acquisition of Asia Pacific Digital (APD) TGO inherited an ageing, costly and complex IT system. With a pending office relocation of APD the brief was to decommission legacy systems/infrastructure and move to a scalable cloud model.
Systima has been providing a full end to end Managed IT service to AJF Partnership, the largest of the initial business in the merger for over 10 years. Of all the businesses in the group AJF had the most sophisticated infrastructure, policies, security profile and governance. As a result Systima was appointed to perform discovery and remediation projects to decommission the APD infrastructure in preparation for the upcoming office relocation. During this time Systima has also been working with the other businesses in the group to provide an underlying infrastructure to facilitate future projects.
Achievements to date include:
- Reduced 190 APD Virtual Servers to 19 and decommission physical infrastructure
- Centrally managed network security
- Automated patch management and antivirus updates delivered
- Provide training and escalation to TGO’s centralised offshore support team
- Empowered TGO’s offshore support team through use of Systima NOC and system management tools and processes
- Improved collaboration through a migration to cloud based telephony solution
- Designed and implemented a single Active Directory eliminating costs associated with supporting and maintaining multiple AD environments
- Planned the migration of all users from various email platforms and productivity suites to GSuite