P2P Transport is one of Australia’s largest fleet management businesses focused on the point-to-point passenger transport industry, comprising a rapidly growing fleet of approximately 1100 passenger vehicles. P2P is ASX listed and through an aggressive growth plan has acquired multiple businesses including the recent acquisitions of Auswide Chauffer Cars, Zevra, Meego and Adflow spanning all major states in Australia.
The challenge for P2P originated due to their rapid growth through multiple acquisitions. Each organisation, had limited investment in infrastructure and each ran different business systems. This, coupled with a lack of IT leadership and support resources, meant P2P required an IT partner with capability and capacity to manage their environment, support staff across all locations while producing a long-term plan to migrate to a centralised system.
As a result of this review the following was implemented to alleviate immediate operational pressures and provide foundation on which P2P can continue to expand.
- Established a national helpdesk and support services program including proactive monitoring and maintenance backed by SLA
- Implemented a nationwide WAN eliminating issues causing application drop outs
- Boosted security profile through hosted managed firewall service and enhanced endpoint security
- Developed strategies to further utilise SaaS
- Migrated to a companywide Active Directory
- Consolidated the hosting and management of websites, domains and digital assets to a central platform
- Reduce IT footprint at satellite sites through the centralisation of services reducing risk and support costs
- CIO as a service – weekly strategic review meetings with executive team
As a result of P2P’s expansion the application layer is currently being reviewed as there are limitations associated with adapting the current in house developed system to a larger multi-site environment. Systima is undertaking a review with the executive team to assess the viability of further custom development as opposed to an off-the-shelf alternative.